Sunday, April 11, 2010

Your GOTY as of right now?

Before you say ''THE YEAR IS NOT OVA!'' blah blah... yeah, yeah... I know. I'm just curious to what's your front runner GOTY so far?To me its Halo 3 right now for the following reasons. Its packs alot in content, Good single player, robust multiplayer mode with tons of modes, forge, records your actions over SP and MP, being able to share it to friends, the metagame is like a ranking system that onlyaction/adventure games used to have now FPS in the future might share that.Bioshock will come in 2nd and GoW II 3rd for me personally. The Orange Box looks to have more content than Halo 3, though nearly half of the package has been released/played by many; still judging by reviews so far the Orange Box and Halo 3 look to be the front runners for GOTY regarding the gaming press with Bioshock not far behind.What's your front runner GOTY so far?Your GOTY as of right now?
Orange Box for many many reasons.Your GOTY as of right now?
Haven't played a lot of ''new'' games this year,but as of today,Metroid Prime 3 is my personal Game of the Year.
Guitar Hero 3. Already have mastered all the tracks and can't wait for GH4!
Halo 3. Most fun I had with a video game since RE4. That says a lot.
Odin Sphere.
BioShock. It's just plain and simply one of the most epic games I've ever played.
Can the orange box win game of the year?or wouldthey have to rename it to games of the year. 5 vs 1 isn't a fair fight for great games like Halo 3, Bioshock, and God of War 2.
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
So far, Halo 3. It's blowing away my previous front-runner (God of War II) with breadth of content and the fact that I'll be playing it for a long, long time. But the critical point of the year isn't even here yet. There's still Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, and others. Plus, as I type this, I'm getting ready to go pick up The Orange Box, which seems to be doing really well based on reviews.If I was going to go byexcellence in visuals and atmosphere, I'd pick Bioshock, but the game is so broken in areas that I consider fundamental to game design that I wouldn't give it Game of the Month, let alone Game of the Year.
Would you believe that the only two games I've played that were released this year are expansion packs - The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles and Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword? Yeah. However, my BioShock copy just arrived (finally!) and soon I'll be getting The Orange Box. I also have high hopes for The Witcher and Kane %26 Lynch: Dead Men. I also might be getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl soon.Whatever happens, 2007 will definitely be remembered as a FPS year. I mean, this line-up is just insane:
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • The Orange Box
  • Halo 3
  • BioShock
  • Crysis
  • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • The Darkness
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Im thinking PGR4.....what? Its awsome. Ok, since racing games arent ''allowed'' to win, I will say Halo 3 by defualt since the campaign is fun so far, but also has lots of content, even though im not digging online. Biocrock can go to hell. GoW2 is a distant second and nothing else so far is that strong. If any of these games win though, this will be a crappy year imo
Well, it was Bioshock until this morning when I finished Portal. Now it's the Orange Box. I doubt anything else this year will top it.
You know the scary thing about this is, 2008 is looking better than this year IMO :| judging by the upcoming lineup and some of the recent delays.Alan WakeMGS4DMC 4NG 2Fallout 3GTA IVSH 5Killzone 2 * could be crappy*Soul Calibur IVSSBBGT 5BanjoMercenaries 2Battlefield 3/ Bad CompanyLost OdysseyToo HumanLittle Big PlanetPrototypeWhite Knight Burnout 5and many more...GoW 3, RE 5 *wishful thinking*
[QUOTE=''D3s7rUc71oN'']GTA IV[/QUOTE]Yep, 2008 is looking much better. :wink:
At the moment, in order:
Bioshock
Orange Box
World in ConflictGames to watch out for:
Crysis
CoD4
Assasins Creed
My vote goes to Halo 3 for the moment. It's already been said, the amount of stuff they put in that game gives me so much bang for my buck, which seems so rare for a game that usually feels like a 6-8 hour game with a slapped together multiplayer, regarding next-gen games. I don't know if I would consider The Orange Box as a GOTY contender, mainly because it's a collection of games, two that have been out for a while. My second place vote goes to God of War 2.Of course, I'm still expecting Mass Effect as a strong contender, from everything that I've seen and read about the game.
My vote goes for Halo 3, but I haven't played Bioshock nor have I played the orange box yet. I don't know if the orange box against any other game is a fair fight though, it's not a game but a compilation, but I will still get it. I'm also looking forward to mass effect.
For now its Metroid Prime 3, its the sequel I always wanted to Prime 1. I don't have a 360 so I am missing out on many games but i highly doubt any of their games will get me the way MP3 did. By the end of the year it maybe Mario Galaxy though.And yes 2008 will destroy 2007.
[QUOTE=''UpInFlames''] Whatever happens, 2007 will definitely be remembered as a FPS year. I mean, this line-up is just insane:
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • The Orange Box
  • Halo 3
  • BioShock
  • Crysis
  • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • The Darkness
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
[/QUOTE]:o You left out Jericho.I wish I was in love with FPS the way some of you guys are. This is a stellar year for FPS fans, especially those who own 360s.

No comments:

Post a Comment