Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Longest Journey - Really holds up the test of time.

Currently playing through this game and I am finding that this game does a pretty good job standing the test of time. I mean granted the character models are a little aged to say the least, however, the scenery and the voice acting really help bring the game to life. I mean I am finding this game easy to get into because of the strong story, music and sound. I am impressed.The Longest Journey - Really holds up the test of time.
yes because its one of the best adventures of all time,enjoy it,cause good adventures will be more than rare from now on.AND NO!!!DREAMFALL IS NOT AN ADVENTUREThe Longest Journey - Really holds up the test of time.
I agree....just goes to show a great story is timeless.

Planescape Torment is the same way....I actually finally played it for the first time this year, and despite being 8 Years old I still found to be the most enjoyable game I've played in recent years and it's definitely my personal favorite RPG of all time....despite it's age when I played it. The Longest Journey is definitely among the top adventure games to ever be created, for me it was the pinacle of adventure gaming.After you're done with The Longest Journey, definitely check out Dreamfall, which is the sequel to TLJ.....it's gameplay was slightly disappointing due to the developers trying to appeal to a more mass market and trying to infuse action-y elements into it and the game ends on pretty much a cliffhanger....but it's storyline is still one of the best in recent years.Luckily....Dreamfall Chapters, which will be the third installment in the series, has been announced as being in development for PC....it will be episodic, which is a little bit of a bummer, but on the plus side, the developers have said the third installment will be returning to the adventure roots of the original game, so here is hoping they learned from their mistakes.
The Longest Journey is the absolute pinnacle of cIassic point 'n click adventure gaming. The puzzles are inspired and refined, but it's the storytelling where this game really shines. The writing is superb, the voice acting really brings the characters to life, and the storyline itself is original and incredibly memorable. I absolutely adore that game.
I am currently playing it, and I agree wholeheartedly that it excels in storytelling and character development. But you shouldn't get the gentleman above me started on this game. He'll take the whole thread by storm. :P
Agreed! The Longest Journey is just an amazing experience and other than the occasional frustrating puzzle, I can't think of anything I dislike about the game at all.It's nice to read that people are still discovering this little gem for the first time. It deserves the attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment