Sunday, April 11, 2010

how to convince my freind that hl and hl2 is awesome

hes a casual gamer and he always say things the fa-gg-0t box and gay box. and he said this on aim: ''halo 3 set records kyle. over 3 million copies pre-ordered. what has the gay-box done?'' thats where he crossed the line. i even showed him vids online and hes like its weirdness x2, and im like yea w/e its better than halo.btw hes never played half life if it isnt obviois enough. what can i say that will convince him to play and that half life is a good game?how to convince my freind that hl and hl2 is awesome
First thing to do when trying to get someone to check a game out. Never say that it is better than another game. Instead say that if he likes Halo 3 he may like Half Life.Second, some people just cant be convinced to try certain things.how to convince my freind that hl and hl2 is awesome
He is entitled to his opinion.
[QUOTE=''GoPhins123'']He is entitled to his opinion.[/QUOTE]he's never even played half life, how can he say it sucks and it's gay?
ya i have a friend that swears by halo and calls bioshock gay I mean its just defensive. They are good at one game so they dont want to try new tihngs. I found my self in this situation once. I got really good at madden and my friend told me that 2k5 was better but i didnt even want to try it. He brought it over to my house and i loved it. So my suggestion is just bring it over to his house and see what he thinks. Though ive never play half life, im sure he will be wowed by it
There's an old saying: 'Don't judge a book by its cover.' Applying to video game lingo would be not much different: 'Don't judge a video game by its cover.' Gotta experience it first then judge it, same goes for a console.
honestly going back to half life at this time is impossible. First person shooters have evolved so much since then, often from concepts they ripped off from that game, however I have never had a game give me motion sickness as bad as that. In fact ever since playing the first HL I have mostly ignored the genre, although a while back I tried to play it again and got sick again.
Would the original Half-Life (for PS2) be worth playing now? Or should I just skip it and start right into HL2?
if he thinks halo is a better game than HL then you better just let him be. He is probably just slow.
Let him watch the part where the scientists suddenly fall down the elevator shaft. That's your replay value right there. Plus you get to bash things witha a crowbar.
Beat the crap out of him.But seriously, tell him that Half-Life won over 50 and Half-Life 2 over 35 GOTY awards.Half-Life franchise has sold over 20 million copies. There's more on Wikipedia.
I just can't understand this kind of attitude. Just because one likes something, doesn't mean that one has to bash all competing products. I liked both Halo and Half Life. I thought Halo had much better fights, while I consider HL2's level design and atmosphere peerless.
Maybe im misinterpreting... but he rips on the xbox and loves halo? That's like ripping on the wii and hating mario... Anyway, I agree with the first poster... do not say it is better then another game. Believe it or not, that will make it less likely to play it (this is just my personal theory). He will get defensive about his favorite game, and try to act his best to not like the game you want him to like just to spite you. Say that half-life would be something he would like or something... Then you should show him some videos on youtube... or better yet, let him watch you play (preferably late in the game in a huge firefight) and let him play (easy). If that doesn't work, its his opinion.By the way, is the 360 version of Half-life good? I own a pc and 360, but am leaning towards the pc version of half-life because I am used to it... so does half-life control good on the 360?
I always used to say to people, If I really liked a game and wanted to show them it: 'DUDE, you GOTTA check out this game, it's the best thing ever!' or something like that, but I always find it best to really down play the game and be like, 'I've been playing this recently, I'll show you it.'. Then show them a real awesome bit and just let the game sell itself to them on it's own merits.
Point a shotguntohis head and make him say it's a good game while his playing...that'll bound to work
Your friend's an idiot. You'll just have to deal with it.
I wouldn't bother wasting my breath on an obvious fanboy that's got a small and closed mind.
[QUOTE=''yakk_3'']Would the original Half-Life (for PS2) be worth playing now? Or should I just skip it and start right into HL2?[/QUOTE]The PS2 version of Half Life was a lousy port, get the original PC version it's miles better.

I dont know what to say, your friends dumb.
I could barely read that. Therefore, your friend wins by default. thread over

No comments:

Post a Comment