Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kane and Lynch promising backstabbing, innovative online multiplayer

Check out GameSpot's preview here. Some interesting excerpts:Players all start out equal to each other. There's no cIass or character selection to speak of and no initial weapon selection: You're just dumped into the action. In the case of the level we got to play, Withdrawal, all players spawn outside a bank, with instructions to raid it for as much loot as possible. You then need to get to one of a number of getaway vehicles that will arrive out the back of the bank after a time--between three and seven minutes--set by the game's host.Because of the large number of cops pouring into the building, it's imperative you work as a team to clear your way through--at least initially. And that's where things start to get messy. By doing some simple maths, you can see that the fewer of you who make it out alive with the cash, the more money those who do survive will carry through to the next round, assuming you can still get it all to the getaway vehicle. This gives you a hefty incentive to kill your teammates and steal the money they're carrying--the amount is handily displayed with their gamertags over their heads--so you can then flee without having to share that precious booty.Next, there is the simple matter of what happens when you die. Rather than simply respawning outside the bank or going into spectator mode, in Kane %26 Lynch: Fragile Alliance, you respawn as a SWAT officer. The aim of this is to stop the others from escaping, thus pulling ahead of you in the rankings, which are based entirely on the amount of cash you've managed to grab and keep. As a SWAT officer, you have a number of ways of earning money. You can just pick up cash that's lying around, having been dropped by careless (or recently deceased) robbers for a 10 percent finder's fee. Or you can get reward money for killing treacherous mercenaries, with the bonus being significantly increased if the traitor in question killed you earlier. If you die while playing as a SWAT officer, you are then left stuck in spectator mode for the rest of the round.As long as you get to the van and the money gets there, you don't actually need to steal any yourself. This means that it's perfectly possible to hang back, hide, and generally act like a coward but still walk away with a slice of the loot. However, that's not going to make you popular with your teammates, who might decide they'd be better off cutting out the dead weight and executing you at the start of the next round.I don't know about you guys, but that sounds awesome from where I'm standing. Finally some new twist on the whole online thing, IO could've just packed in a standard deathmatch mode and be done with it. I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but on top of a very promising single-player campaign, I'm very excited about Kane and Lynch's multiplayer.Your thoughts?Kane and Lynch promising backstabbing, innovative online multiplayer
Awesome twist on the multiplayer experience. This game went largely unnoticed by me, but now I'm really interested in it. Kane and Lynch promising backstabbing, innovative online multiplayer
yeah ill try anything with multiplayer. I just got the new playboy that has an article about Kane in it. I might post it on http://www.peterstack7.com after i scan it. This game is really shaping up as of late.
What is up with these great looking games? I told myself I would only buy Halo 3 and Mass Effect this Fall but this looks so awesome.
Th.....wha.....bu.....ho....



:shock:



This may be the awesomest thing I ever seen since the three breasted prostitute in Total Recall.
[QUOTE=''GodModeEnabled'']Th.....wha.....bu.....ho.... :shock: This may be the awesomest thing I ever seen since the three breasted prostitute in Total Recall.[/QUOTE] I still wish i had three hands...anyways i've had my eyes on this game for a while and hope it turns out good
Well I have purposely not been taking any intrest in this game as there are already far to many games for my fragile bank account to handle ... but ...well...I gave and took a look at the multi player .... wish I hadn't this seems like the kind of diffrent MP experience that is going to rock my world ... hang in there wallet we can do it :)
I haven't been paying much attention to Kane, but that sounds really, really cool. I suspect most people's desire to work with a stable group of people will keep the backstabbing from getting too bad, but I suspect the game will be really hard on new players :twisted:.
This game looks awesome, and its one of my most looked forward to this year, but im worried its going to get buried under all the other games :(

No comments:

Post a Comment