Thursday, April 15, 2010

Your first impression on Splinter Cell 5?

For those of you that have already checked out the trailer and previews for the new Splinter Cell: Conviction, what is your first impression?It sure promises a big change of both structure and pace from the series standards. Maybe it's just me, but at a first glance it made me think of Shen Mue. But I might just be crazy.Your first impression on Splinter Cell 5?
What the hell have they done to Splinter Cell? It's like resident evil 4 all over again(not that it was bad)Your first impression on Splinter Cell 5?
This doesn't even look like a Splinter Cell game anymore. They should just call it Conviction or something because from what I see, Sam Fisher is more of a man on the run then a stealthy government agent and that was what Splinter Cell was all about.
Yeah, it doesn't look like SC anymore: it looks like a free roaming game where you have to survive, chased by everybody (that's why it kinda reminded me of Shen Mue). At least I think so: Fisher will supposedly be wanted by the NSA for what happened in the end of SC: DA (no spoilers).
i think ubisoft were just showing off some of the action scenes. i guess a trailer of sam in a crawl space or climbing a ladder would be pretty dull
Looked kind of different to the old Splinter Cell we've grown used to. Maybe Ubisoft thought it was time for a change? Who knows. It has caught my interest though; the last Splinter Cell installment I sort of just read about and went ''yeah, ok'' but this one actually made me sit up and think, hmm, a change to the gameplay? Interesting...
I bought 4, I aint buying 5 unless it's going cheap a couple of years down the road.
the game looks great
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
It sure looks great. Splinter Cell always does. There will no doubt be our beloved sneaking (else it might even be renamed 'Splinter Quake'), but the fight scenes made me think of Virtua Fighter, instead of the usual one-hit-ko of the other games. Dynamic environment also looks amazing, can't wait to flip tables over.A question for all of you: do you think Sam will still have the OCP goggles, after what happened in SC DA?
[QUOTE=''Black_Knight_00'']It sure looks great. Splinter Cell always does. There will no doubt be our beloved sneaking (else it might even be renamed 'Splinter Quake'), but the fight scenes made me think of Virtua Fighter, instead of the usual one-hit-ko of the other games. Dynamic environment also looks amazing, can't wait to flip tables over.A question for all of you: do you think Sam will still have the OCP goggles, after what happened in SC DA?[/QUOTE]



I don't think he will. From what I understand you will have to use wit over gadgets in this game.
Splinter Cell 5??????..........Not my type.
Holy crap! Fisher is an ass-kicking hobo now! :shock:It just looks like a beat-em-up action game with Sam Fisher's beardy face on it. Who knows, it might be the change that's needed, as I have no interest in picking up the next SC if it remains like the others. I felt like the peak in the series was at Chaos Theory, and my interest has really begun to diminish. If they do things right, I may end up picking this one up.I bet he still has Lamber yelling in his ear :P
Since the OCP goggles are the series logo, I think he won't have the OCP and SC-20K for the first half of the game only, then I presume he'll prove his innocence or something like that, and get his gear back.Yes, Chaos Theory was the peak of the series, Double Agent was kind of a step back, though it rocked.I really hope Lambert will still play a key role in the story (which will probably be deeper).
My first impressions? ''I dont like Splinter Cell, why am I watching this?''
[QUOTE=''Clan_Crushbone''] My first impressions? ''I dont like Splinter Cell, why am I watching this?''[/QUOTE]Maybe it's because you are changing your mind about the game.Great signature by the way. You have my respect.
It looks like a pretty cool game, but there is nothing that resembles any of the old Splinter Cell games. So it's up in the air for me.
Here's my thoughts. Each Splinter Cell made a significant improvement on the gameplay and stealth mechanics. By Chaos theory, the stealth was so in depth, that it featured light/darkness, sound, just about everything. And then SC4 took away all those meters, and somehow still keeps the depth of the stealth mechanics. In my opinion, SC4 has perfected the modern stealth game. So what are they to do next? Rehash it again? Instead, they're completely changing the gameplay, and to me it looks like it's just what the series needs to move on after Double Agent. From watching the interview and reading about it, I'm very hyped about this game.
Meh, I dont know. The whole terrorism in the middle of a busy park or cafe just doesnt sound realistic to me.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Ubi Soft had made yet another stealth game in the vein of the previous SC games people would be complaining about it being ''more of the same.'' So instead we have Ubi Soft taking some risks and trying to offer up something completely different and unique and the only responses most gamers can musterare complaints that it looks too different.From the limited footage I've seen the game looks very interesting. Given the pedigree of the developers behind this game, I have faith it will be something prettygreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment