Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Demos: PGR4 and F.E.A.R. Files: Extraction Point.

Major Nelson reports that a couple of demos just hit Live: PGR 4: Weighing in at 1.27 GB, features 3 cars. Damn I wanted a bike!F.E.A.R. Files: EP: At a measly 585 MB, available for canada and teh U.S.Damn and I haven't even downloaded the Conan and Simpsons ones! :evil:New Demos: PGR4 and F.E.A.R. Files: Extraction Point.
Heh I havent even downloaded the Conan or Simpsons demos yety either, but I know ill be buying Extraction Point regardless, PGR4.... probably not.New Demos: PGR4 and F.E.A.R. Files: Extraction Point.
i'm definitely buying pgr4 at some point but it can't hurt to d/l and play the demo anyway...i'll go grab my ethernet cord...
[QUOTE=''SteelAttack''] PGR 4: Weighing in at 1.27 GB, features 3 cars. Damn I wanted a bike![/QUOTE]just started to d/l this, and it says that you can race 3 cars AND 2 bikes through the streets of macau and a snow-laden nurburgring...
In other awesome XBL news, we get Puzzle Quest tomorrow for 1200 points.
[QUOTE=''Prodigy_basic''][QUOTE=''SteelAttack''] PGR 4: Weighing in at 1.27 GB, features 3 cars. Damn I wanted a bike![/QUOTE]just started to d/l this, and it says that you can race 3 cars AND 2 bikes through the streets of macau and a snow-laden nurburgring...[/QUOTE]Sweet! That settles it. :D
[QUOTE=''rragnaar'']In other awesome XBL news, we get Puzzle Quest tomorrow for 1200 points.[/QUOTE]Cool. I never played this game before but I've been reading up on it recently and it sounds like it could be an excellent game.Idownloaded the Conan and The Simpsons demos the other day but haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I'm definately going to be picking up PGR4 and F.E.A.R. Files: EP but it will be after the Holiday game crush I'll still download these demos so I can give the games a go before I get the full versions.
Live has been tearing it up with the demos lately. I'm really interested in PGR4's demo. It's one of those games that I could see myself buying sometime next year. FEAR is fun, but I've got too many shooters in place to really care (Halo 3, Orange Box, COD4). I'll still check out the demo, though.
I am unfamiliar with the XBL demo, but Extraction Point on the PC was pretty cool. It boasts some of the supernatural type monsters one never really faced in F.E.A.R. (oddly)as well as a couple new weapon types (the railgun, which can nail people to the wall, and the shotgun, while can cut someone in two, spring to mind).
FEAR Files, is that just the expansion with the regular game or something? PGR4, sounds great, was gonna give it a rent, but now I can play the demo, hurrah.
[QUOTE=''Vis-a-Vis'']FEAR Files, is that just the expansion with the regular game or something?[/QUOTE]F.E.A.R. Files contains the original game as well as both expansion packs, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate.
Very nice. I'm definitely going to give these games a download later tonight. There seems to be a lot of F.E.A.R games, doesn't it? Last week we get footage from the sequel, and I was completely unaware of the expansions coming out. I haven't even played the first game yet. I have barely touched Project Gotham 3, but 4 looks like it just might encourage me to pick up the game again.
[QUOTE=''UpInFlames''][QUOTE=''Vis-a-Vis'']FEAR Files, is that just the expansion with the regular game or something?[/QUOTE]F.E.A.R. Files contains the original game as well as both expansion packs, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate.[/QUOTE]Files doesn't contain the original game. Just extraction point and perseus mandate.
[QUOTE=''Shame-usBlackley''] Live has been tearing it up with the demos lately. I'm really interested in PGR4's demo. It's one of those games that I could see myself buying sometime next year. FEAR is fun, but I've got too many shooters in place to really care (Halo 3, Orange Box, COD4). I'll still check out the demo, though. [/QUOTE]my thoughts exactly, and then Mass Effect is also kind of a shooter and I know I'll be picking that up too, thats already TOO many shooters on my list...NG2 really couldn't come out fast enough.
[QUOTE=''HiResDes''] my thoughts exactly, and then Mass Effect is also kind of a shooter and I know I'll be picking that up too, thats already TOO many shooters on my list...NG2 really couldn't come out fast enough.[/QUOTE]Check out the Conan demo. Seriously, it's very close to God of War from a combat perspective. The cutscenes look like boiled ass-flank, but the game itself looks great. I'm definitely leaning towards a buy with Conan, but I'm at least giving it a rent.
[QUOTE=''marty_81'']Files doesn't contain the original game. Just extraction point and perseus mandate.[/QUOTE]That's right, my bad.
[QUOTE=''Shame-usBlackley''][QUOTE=''HiResDes''] my thoughts exactly, and then Mass Effect is also kind of a shooter and I know I'll be picking that up too, thats already TOO many shooters on my list...NG2 really couldn't come out fast enough.[/QUOTE]Check out the Conan demo. Seriously, it's very close to God of War from a combat perspective. The cutscenes look like boiled ass-flank, but the game itself looks great. I'm definitely leaning towards a buy with Conan, but I'm at least giving it a rent. [/QUOTE]yeah I'm about to dl the demo, but the way it is looking, if it is relatively short I might just rent it...Gaming is crazy expensive when you're mom is no longer paying for it, lol.
[QUOTE=''Shame-usBlackley''][QUOTE=''HiResDes''] my thoughts exactly, and then Mass Effect is also kind of a shooter and I know I'll be picking that up too, thats already TOO many shooters on my list...NG2 really couldn't come out fast enough.[/QUOTE]Check out the Conan demo. Seriously, it's very close to God of War from a combat perspective. The cutscenes look like boiled ass-flank, but the game itself looks great. I'm definitely leaning towards a buy with Conan, but I'm at least giving it a rent. [/QUOTE]Agreed. The game is amazing if you're looking for some gory hack n' slash fun and the combat enginelooks considerably deeper than GoW. I'm also a real (REAL as in Robert E. Howard) hardcore Conan fan sobuying this game is a no brainer. You are also right about the cutscenes looking meh but the overall game looking quite good. The painted texture look provides the visuals witha nice, fantastical flourish.
I really enjoyed the original F.E.A.R. so I'll definitely be giving Extraction Point a download. For some reason, I'm still not tired of flipping on slo-mo and gunning down bad dudes. :)
[QUOTE=''Dutch_Mix'']I really enjoyed the original F.E.A.R. so I'll definitely be giving Extraction Point a download. For some reason, I'm still not tired of flipping on slo-mo and gunning down bad dudes. :)[/QUOTE]



Teh gore! teh GORE!



Throwing a grenade at a group of enemies and watching them explode in slow motion and splatter everywheres makes me tingle inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment