Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am dumbfounded as to why halo 2 got collectively better reviews than halo 3

seriously...it makes no sense...halo 3 practically improved everything that was wrong with 2....mostly the single player, which this time...wasnt a borefest after level 2. The multiplayer got better too...i mean i think they tweaked the hitboxes nicely.I am dumbfounded as to why halo 2 got collectively better reviews than halo 3
As times change, standards rise.I am dumbfounded as to why halo 2 got collectively better reviews than halo 3
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
[QUOTE=''StealthRaiden''][QUOTE=''snakeofsolid'']seriously...it makes no sense...halo 3 practically improved everything that was wrong with 2....mostly the single player, which this time...wasnt a borefest after level 2. The multiplayer got better too...i mean i think they tweaked the hitboxes nicely.[/QUOTE]LOL I hate Halo, thats why I stick to Metal Gear Solid.[/QUOTE]eh, i love mgs too, but i think portable ops was the low point...id much rather have 1 and only 1 man sneaking around...in one large interconnected area too.
It doesn't bother me to be honest. I personally think Halo 3 is much better than the previous 2 instalments and is the best thing I have played since RE4. Everyone feels differently I guess.
[QUOTE=''snakeofsolid''][QUOTE=''StealthRaiden''][QUOTE=''snakeofsolid'']seriously...it makes no sense...halo 3 practically improved everything that was wrong with 2....mostly the single player, which this time...wasnt a borefest after level 2. The multiplayer got better too...i mean i think they tweaked the hitboxes nicely.[/QUOTE]LOL I hate Halo, thats why I stick to Metal Gear Solid.[/QUOTE]eh, i love mgs too, but i think portable ops was the low point...id much rather have 1 and only 1 man sneaking around...in one large interconnected area too.[/QUOTE]Never played it but how is it bad? it has a score of 9.0 superb, and editor's choice.
I don't own 360 or an XBOX, but I play halo 1,2 and 3 when my frioend brings it over. I have to agree that Halo 3 is leagues above halo 2. The campaign is fun and I like how comfortable the controls are, very smooth and no lag at all. The multiplayer is fun also, and the deployable objects add new tactical elements to the game that weren't available before.
Should I buy Resident Evil 4? I'm bored with my games now.
i never played the first 2 halos, but halo 3 was only average for me... i was excited to play it with all the hype and everything but after the first hour i was bored, just your standard FPS, nothing really amazing going on. im not much into the online gaming so maybe thats where it supposedly shines, i dunno. I think it deserved lower marks than it actually got. the graphics were OK, the gameplay was OK, the story was OK... yeah, just an OK experience. oh well, i had fun with it anyways, just thought itd be alot better...
Halo 2 got a better score because it was truly innovative and was leagues above it's predecessor, Halo:CE. Halo 3 just improved on Halo 2 and didn't do anything revolutionary and didn't bring anything new to FPSes.
Halo 3 has better campaign but Halo has waaaay better online multiplayer in my opinion
It got better reviews because most reviewers were well aware they over rated Halo 2 and weren't gonna get caught up in the hype this time around. Look at most big gaming sites ie Gamespot/IGN/etc and they pretty much all have come out and said Halo 2 was scored too high in retrospect.
[QUOTE=''F-14Bombcat'']Halo 2 got a better score because it was truly innovative and was leagues above it's predecessor, Halo:CE. Halo 3 just improved on Halo 2 and didn't do anything revolutionary and didn't bring anything new to FPSes.[/QUOTE]neither did the Halo series :
|The first Halo was hands down the best. Halo 2 brought great multiplayer and better graphics with some new mechanics. Halo 3 just brought some new mechanics with sub par graphics.
[QUOTE=''StealthRaiden''][QUOTE=''snakeofsolid''][QUOTE=''StealthRaiden''][QUOTE=''snakeofsolid'']seriously...it makes no sense...halo 3 practically improved everything that was wrong with 2....mostly the single player, which this time...wasnt a borefest after level 2. The multiplayer got better too...i mean i think they tweaked the hitboxes nicely.[/QUOTE]LOL I hate Halo, thats why I stick to Metal Gear Solid.[/QUOTE]eh, i love mgs too, but i think portable ops was the low point...id much rather have 1 and only 1 man sneaking around...in one large interconnected area too.[/QUOTE]Never played it but how is it bad? it has a score of 9.0 superb, and editor's choice. [/QUOTE]It's not bad. You just see it as a MGS title on a console, but it's on a portable. The interchanging people brought a new strategy to playing the game to make it more portable access. You could just jump into a map, knock a few people out bring them back to your trunk and see if they surpass anybody else on your team.
[QUOTE=''yakk_3''] As times change, standards rise.[/QUOTE] This is all that needs to be said. Thread over.
Hmm... well for me, the single-player campaign still wasn't improved that much. Sure, it was ''tweaked'', but it wasn't reinvented.
[QUOTE=''yakk_3'']As times change, standards rise.[/QUOTE]If a really sweet game is released everyone says WOW, but if a similar quality game is released a couple years later (ie sequel) it will not have that same WOW factor. The new game has to go above and beyond the original to bring back that WOW factor.
[QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas'']Hmm... well for me, the single-player campaign still wasn't improved that much. Sure, it was ''tweaked'', but it wasn't reinvented.[/QUOTE]Ah, but it was still a heck of a lot of fun, wasn't it? At least I thought so. I'm having a wonderful time replaying it on the Legendary difficulty whilst also hunting down the various skulls.
[QUOTE=''Dutch_Mix''][QUOTE=''JustPlainLucas''] Hmm... well for me, the single-player campaign still wasn't improved that much. Sure, it was ''tweaked'', but it wasn't reinvented.[/QUOTE]Ah, but it was still a heck of a lot of fun, wasn't it? At least I thought so. I'm having a wonderful time replaying it on the Legendary difficulty whilst also hunting down the various skulls.[/QUOTE]Yah, it definately had a lot more moments. Anyway, I know where all the skulls are so if you want need help getting them, just add me and let me know when you can play, and I'll help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment